Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my latest creations

I have been busy updating my wardrobe with some embellishments that I picked up at the antique mall over the weekend. I am pretty proud of my creations. :)










1. Yoyo remnants on blue t-shirt.

I found these yoyo remnants and just had to have them. I love the colors, and they were very easy to affix to the fabric. I anchored them in place with a drop of fabric glue, and then stitched around in a circle in the inside of each circle to hold them in place. I am so happy with the way it turned out!

2. Giant lace doily applique on oversized white tank.

This is probably my favorite, for its simplistic elegance. I had this oversize tank that just seemed so bland, so I attached this ginormous lace doily picked at the antique mall for $2.oo. I pinned it in place and then hand-stitched like crazy. I got several compliments on it the first time I wore it.

3. Lace flower applique on brown knit shirt.

I cut these flowers out of an old valance that I picked at Dig 'N Save for about 25 cents. I have had this drape-neck shirt for a while, and didn't like the drapiness. So, I resolved that by putting a few stitches up the front, lifting up the neck line, and I then attached the lace using a few drops of fabric glue and then stitching. Voila!


4. Polka-dot yoyo sweater - Work in progress.
I am loving these yoyo remnants, and am currently using a few of them to dress up this polka-dot sweater. Can't wait till it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment